Christel House Academy West Includes:
- On-site mental health and social services
- Strong emphasis on technology and Spanish language instructions
- Outreach to parents and families
School Profile - 2022 Statistics
- Opened August 2014
- Grades K-8 (9-12 students move to the Christel House Manual campus)
- A total of 1,364 students at Christel House Indianapolis including Christel House Academy South, Christel House Academy West, and Christel House Watanabe High School.
About Christel House Indianapolis
Christel House Indianapolis is a network of learning centers supported by Christel House International. The centers, authorized by The Indiana Charter School Board, operate as public charter schools on multiple campus locations.
Christel House Academy South opened in 2002 on the Southside of Indianapolis with nearly 500 underserved students in grades K–8. Christel House Academy South was Indiana’s first charter school to receive the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform’s designation as a School to Watch, and was recognized nationally as one of 10 MetLife Foundation–NASSP “Breakthrough Schools.” Christel House Academy West opened in August 2014 on the near Westside of Indianapolis, and serves students in grades K–8. (Grades 9-12 move to Christel House Watanabe high school campus.)
Christel House DORS, an adult high school, is located on the Christel House southside campus, at Christel House West and with a third site is located at IVY Tech North Meridian Center Building.
For more information, please visit https://www.chindy.org/.