11th annual RCI Christel House Open hosts 14 sites worldwide
Friday, June 7, 2013
Indianapolis, Ind. - The 11th annual RCI Christel House Open charity golf tournament kicked off on May 18 and runs through June 17. This year, golfers will gather at 14 sites worldwide to raise funds and awareness for Christel House. Tournament sites include:
- Boonville, NY: hosted by Lodging Kit Company
- Branson, MO: co- hosted by Bluegreen Vacations and Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Cape Town, South Africa: hosted by Christel House
- Daytona Beach, FL: hosted by Bluegreen Vacations
- Edwards, CO: co-hosted by The Christie Lodge and Breckenridge Grand Vacations
- Gatlinburg, TN: hosted by Bluegreen Vacations
- Henley-on-Thames Oxfordshire, England: co- hosted by RCI Europe, Nexus Leisure and Christel House
- Indianapolis, IN: hosted by Christel House
- Kissimmee, FL: hosted by Holiday Inn Vacations - Orange Lake Resort
- Mexico City, Mexico: hosted by RCI Latin America and Christel House
- Myrtle Beach, SC: co-hosted by Sun Hospitality, Bluegreen Vacations and Festiva Resorts
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL: hosted by Bluegreen Vacations
- Vista, CA: hosted by Grand Pacific Resorts
- Williamsburg, VA: hosted by GOODMANagement, Oyster Point Rotary and the Virginia Resort Developers Association
“The Christel House Open is our largest annual fundraising event, and 100% of its proceeds will be used to transform the lives of impoverished children,” said Christel House Founder, Christel DeHaan. “I salute our volunteers, players and sponsors for their competitive spirit, sense of social responsibility and commitment to helping make the world a better place.”
With the theme ‘Driving out Poverty’, more than 1,500 golfers, sponsors and volunteers around the world will participate in this year’s tournament.
Global sponsors of the 2013 tournament include: title sponsor Resort Condominiums International (RCI) and the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), Bluegreen Vacations, Convergys, FedEx, Harding Poorman Group, Northern Trust, Perspective International and Wyndham Vacation Ownership.
Since the tournament’s inception in 2003, more than $7.5 million has been raised. One hundred percent of the proceeds directly benefit the children of Christel House. No donations are used for overhead or fundraising expenses.
For more information about the RCI Christel House Open, please contact Becky Arnett at email@example.com or by phone at (317) 464-2009.
About Christel House International
Christel House International (CHI) is transforming how kids, their families and future generations permanently escape poverty. Much more than a school, CHI was established in 1998 by founder Christel DeHaan and currently serves over 4,000 impoverished children around the world. By providing high quality education, nutritious meals, regular health care, character and life skills development, and career counseling, CHI helps students grow into confident, hardworking and ethical young adults who give back to their families and communities. CHI operates five learning centers in India, Mexico, South Africa and the U.S.A., as well as a career development program in Venezuela. For more information, please visit www.christelhouse.org.