Children don’t choose to be born into poverty. Most grow up never realizing their human potential. Instead, they face physical and psychological trauma—hunger, malnutrition, disease, low self-esteem and lack of opportunity.
Christel House is a holistic model designed to transform the lives of impoverished children. We do this by focusing on the “whole child.” We don’t just educate, or feed, or provide health care—we do all of these things—from early childhood through early adulthood. We develop the total child.
Christel House Works:
- Daily attendance rate 95%
- Student retention rate of 91%
- Standardized test scores that surpass benchmark public schools by high margins
- 98% of students passed graduation exams
- 91% of College & Careers students continuing studies or gainfully employed